Angel Gardens, Manchester
Client: MODA Living
Central Manchester Regeneration provides 21st Century City Living
- At 20 acres, NOMA is the largest development project in North West England. This £800m regeneration scheme delivers residential, retail, leisure and office space over an 8 hectare site in the centre of Manchester. Angel Gardens is a residential-led mixed-use scheme within the NOMA masterplan, close to Manchester Victoria Station. Fore prepared a Transport Assessment (TA) and Travel Plan to accompany the planning application for the site.
- The TA demonstrated that the site is extremely well serviced by buses, rail and tram as well as being within walking and cycling distance of all of Manchester City Centre.
- Fore developed a safe and efficient servicing strategy as well as designing a taxi drop off.
- 149 secure parking spaces were provided on site in the basement and lower ground floor. The layout included electric vehicle charging points, motorcycle and disabled parking. 166 cycle spaces were provided in two separate storage areas.
- Due to the city centre location residents would be likely to walk and use public transport rather than driving. Fore showed that traffic generated by the development would be limited.
- Planning permission was granted for 458 private rented sector residential apartments with accompanying shops, restaurants and cafes, basement car parking and a central garden.
“Fore provided us with a first class service in progressing the transport aspects of the planning application. They were responsive and a key part of a great team effort that helped us to achieve planning permission.”
Tony Brooks of MODA Living