Base 17 and Stead Street, London
Client: The Guinness Partnership
Travel Planning for flagship development in London
- Fore was commissioned to update the Travel Plan used to gain planning permission for 139 flats in Elephant and Castle, London, as required to discharge planning conditions. Following this Fore took on the role of Travel Plan Coordinator for the development, at which some of the flats were sold and some are leased out by The Guinness Partnership. These portions of the development are known as Base 17 and Stead Street, respectively.
- Southwark Council accepted the update Travel Plan, thus discharging the planning condition.
- Fore produced Travel Information Packs which were distributed to all residents as they moved in, detailing sustainable transport options to the development.
- Fore fulfils an ongoing role at the Base 17/Stead Street development. This includes being a contact for residents and The Guinness Partnership regarding travel to and from the development and communicating the aims of the Travel Plan.
- Fore also must carry out monitoring of the Travel Plan in order to comply with ongoing commitments to Southwark Council. This entails surveying residents about their travel habits and relaying this information to the Council. If any corrective measures are required to encourage sustainable travel at Base 17/Stead Street, Fore will develop these in communication with The Guinness Partnership.
“Fore Consulting fulfil the role of Travel Plan Coordinator at the Base 17 and Stead Street developments. This works well for us as it ensures that the role is held by someone with the required experience and enthusiasm, and residents have a single point of contact on travel matters”
Mary Robinson of The Guinness Partnership.
Find out more about our Travel Planning services here.