Bluebell Gardens, Morley, Leeds
Client: Persimmon Homes
Fulfilling Travel Plan Coordinator role at residential development of 115 homes
Fulfilling Travel Plan Coordinator role at residential development of 114 homes
Client – Persimmon Homes
- Commissioned by Persimmon Homes to fulfil the role of Travel Plan Coordinator for five years after first occupation.
- Promote non-car travel at Bluebell Gardens and act as a point of contact for residents.
- Carry out surveys to assess the performance of the Travel Plan.
- Persimmon Homes have made funds available for each household to claim one free annual MCard. The Mcard can be used on all buses in West Yorkshire and trains in zones (1-3).
- Liaise with Leeds City Council’s Influencing Travel Behaviour team to review progress.
- Resident Travel Guides prepared and issued to new residents, as well as being available in the marketing suite, and information included on the sales website.
- Fore promote and administer the free MCards available to each household – offering free travel on bus and rail for 12 months from application. All MCards for the site have been claimed.
- Ongoing to residents continues to promote sustainable transport, and let them know they can direct their travel-related queries towards the dedicated Travel Plan Coordinator.
- Travel surveys undertaken annually for a period of 5 years. The results showed that the development exceeded its Travel Plan targets annually. The Year 5 travel survey ascertained that 35% of residents are travelling to work by driving alone (target of below 61.7%) and just 6% of children are travelling to school by car (target of below 10%).
The lifespan of the Travel Plan and the TPC role at Bluebell Gardens has concluded.
Find out more about our Travel Planning services here.