James Cook New Rail Station, Middlesbrough
Client: Tees Valley Unlimited (TVU), Northern Rail, Network Rail
Contact: Jonathan Spruce, Director
Fore help deliver a new rail station in Middlesbrough
- Fore developed the business case for a new station at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough alongside TVU, Northern Rail and Network Rail.
- Fore took the project through Network Rail’s Guide for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) stages 1-4, including feasibility studies and selection and development of the preferred option.
- A detailed examination of patronage forecasts informed the DfT and Network Rail’s New Stations business case process.
- Funding for the new station, along with some additional services, was confirmed through the Local Sustainable Transport Fund.
- Partners constructed the new station with minimum disruption to local services.
- The first trains called at the new station on 18 May 2014, providing a vital public transport link for workers, patients and visitors.
“Fore have been instrumental in the delivery of our new station which now provides significant new journey opportunities and is a key element of a wide programme of station investment across the Tees Valley.”
Steve Payne, Strategic Transport Manager at Tees Valley Unlimited