Low Moor Meadows, Morley
Client: Persimmon Homes
Contact: Charlotte Best
Fulfilling Travel Plan Coordinator role at residential development of 200 homes in Morley, Leeds.
- Fulfil the role of Travel Plan Coordinator for five years after first occupation.
- Promote non-car travel at Low Moor Meadows and act as a point of contact for residents.
- Carry out surveys to assess the performance of the Travel Plan.
- Administer residential Mcard scheme. Persimmon Homes have made funds available for each household to claim one free annual MCard. The Mcard can be used on all buses in West Yorkshire and trains in zones (1-3).
- Liaise with Leeds City Council’s Influencing Travel Behaviour Team to review progress.
- Travel guide and website and issued to new residents.
- Fore promote and administer the free MCards available to each household – offering free travel on bus and rail for 12 months from application. This has resulted in an uptake of around 20%.
- Travel Newsletter produced and distributed to promote sustainable transport, and let residents know they can direct their travel-related queries towards the dedicated TPC.
- Travel surveys have been undertaken to monitor the Travel Plan. The results showed that the development is exceeding its Travel Plan targets. The Year 3 survey ascertained that 40.63% of residents are travelling to work by driving alone (target of below 40.8%).
Find out more about our Travel Planning services here.