Cross Point Distribution Hub
Client: Caddick Developments Limited
Go-ahead for 1900 jobs at new employment site between M62 and A1(M)
- Fore was instructed in January 2015 to provide a Transport Assessment and Travel Plan for a large development incorporating a new TK Maxx distribution centre on a site next to Junction 33 of the M62.
- The site will have 1,000 parking spaces which will be managed to accommodate shift changes.
- Access proposals were developed to allow a safe and fully functional solution for the movement of lorries.
- The planning application was submitted in March and planning consent was granted in June 2015.
- 400 staff will relocate from the existing site at Normanton and an additional 1,500 new jobs will be created.
- TK Maxx will begin operating from the site in early 2017.
“We were really impressed with the speed with which Fore were able to produce the supporting material, deal with the key highways issues and agree matters with Highways England and the Council. With Fore’s help the team was able to achieve planning consent less than six months after commissioning the project.”
Myles Hartley, Managing Director at Caddick Development Ltd