Wakefield Emissions Modelling
Client: Wakefield Council
As part of the DEFRA Air Quality Grant Programme 2013/14, Fore develop a world-leading vehicle emissions model to help improve air quality in Wakefield
- Using Aimsun Microsimulation and information on exhaust emissions of the local vehicle fleet, Fore modelled the impact on daily air quality in four Air Quality Management Areas.
- Working with the Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds, Fore developed a world leading vehicle emissions model.
- Tested effectiveness of proposed measures to be included in Air Quality Action Plan.
- Model information led to improved air quality in Wakefield.
- Techniques can be applied across the UK and beyond responding to climate change challenges and improving health and wellbeing.