West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund
Client: West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Supporting the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) on delivery of the £1 billion West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund, the centrepiece of the City Region’s Local Growth Deal.
- To define transport schemes within the next six years and examine opportunities for financial and time savings within the programme resulting from various procurement options.
- To understand the risks to delivery.
- To consider how to maximise the return to the local economy in terms of upskilling and apprenticeships.
- Fore has guided the WYCA through a process to identify a preferred approach to procurement by following the Infrastructure UK procurement routemap.
- By identifying specific schemes, Fore have produced a first draft of work packages and undertaken strategic market testing with the industry.
“Fore showed a thorough understanding of the procurement options for taking Transport to the next level in Yorkshire.”
Dave Haskins, Assistant Director at West Yorkshire Combined Authority