Woodside, Kippax, Leeds
Client: Persimmon Homes
Fulfilling Travel Plan Coordinator role at residential development of 150 homes
- Commissioned by Persimmon Homes to fulfil the role of Travel Plan Coordinator for three years after first occupation.
- Promote non-car travel at Woodside and act as a point of contact for residents.
- 12 months after occupation surveys will be carried out to assess the performance of the Travel Plan.
- Ongoing liaison with Leeds City Council’s TravelWise team to review progress.
- Woodside Travel Website produced to promote range of travel options for new residents. This was promoted via a leaflet given to residents when they move in and stocked in the marketing suite, as well as being linked from the sales website.
- Fore will promote and administer the free MCards available to each household – offering free bus travel for 12 months from application.
- Ongoing communication to residents continues to promote sustainable transport, and let them know they can direct their travel-related queries towards the dedicated Travel Plan Coordinator.
“Following from the success of the implementation of the Travel Plan at Bluebell Gardens, which met its Year 1 monitoring targets, we are happy to have appointed Emily Ingham at Fore to be the Travel Plan Coordinator at Woodside. Emily is able to administer the free MCard offer, and can provide personal travel advice to our residents. The Woodside Travel website provides up to date Travel information and it is supported by a leaflet which residents receive when they move in.”
Matt Burrow, Persimmon Homes.
Find out more about our Travel Planning services here.