At Fore we provide a full range of highways design services associated with the delivery of highway infrastructure. At the outset of a project we provide initial feasibility assessment, input to support masterplanning and preliminary design for planning applications. We provide design input for internal development access, parking, public transport access and servicing.
At the implementation stage, we undertake full detailed design, contractor appointment and site supervision/monitoring services. We deal with a range of projects, from undertaking design of a simple vehicle access for one dwelling through to larger access junctions including roundabouts and complex signalised junctions to serve major developments.
We can undertake detailed design for:
- Trunk road and strategic road network highway schemes.
- Junction capacity improvement schemes.
- Residential access roads.
- Site access provision.
- Design of public transport/cyclist/pedestrian facilities.
We aim to provide the highest levels of service to each of our clients no matter the scale of the project.
We have the experience and expertise to guide a developer through the approvals process for highways agreements entered into under Section 278 and Section 38 agreements as well as Section 50 and Section 184 licences. We will negotiate and coordinate with the Highway Authority on behalf of a developer.
Fore use a range of design tools and applications in the detailed design process including:
- CIVIL 3D software to produce the detailed design drawings and prepare the horizontal and vertical design
- Aimsun, Linsig, TRANSYT and Junctions software for the modelling and assessment of highway junctions.
- AutoTrack for checking various vehicle swept path manoeuvres.
- KeyLINES for the design of new road marking schemes.
- KeySIGN for the design of new traffic signs.
We provide a range of highways design service from preliminary design advice at the earliest stage of a project, through the detailed design process to the preparation of construction drawings.
- Highway Design, including horizontal/vertical alignments, carriageway and footway construction details, kerbing, edging and channel details.
- Traffic signal design and urban traffic control systems.
- Assessment and coordination of utility diversions.
- Drainage Design, Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) and foul water drainage.
- Traffic signs and road markings.
We work in close consultation with local highway authorities to ensure that highway designs are prepared in accordance with technical requirements, and that the site works are completed in accordance with the designs.
Featured Case Study
Base 17 and Stead Street, London
Travel Planning for flagship development in London »
University of Law, Leeds
Sustainable travel fundamental to relocation of University of Law to Park Row, Leeds »
Paul Irwin, Director
Paul is an experienced transport planner and traffic engineer with more than 25 years’ experience in advising clients on major transport schemes and regeneration projects. »