Client: Jomast Developments Limited
New Marks and Spencer food store and renovation of listed buildings on the site of the former Rutson Hospital in Northallerton
- Production of a Transport Assessment and Travel Plan to accompany the planning application for a new Marks and Spencer.
- Exploration of ways to enhance the accessibility of the site by foot, bicycle, public transport and car.
- Promoting sustainable modes of transport through the Travel Plan, as well as devising a new Delivery Management Plan for the supermarket.
- Prediction of the impact of supermarket traffic on local junctions.
- Design of a safe and efficient junction to access the supermarket car park.
- Fore proposed remodelling local roads to include new pedestrian crossings and the removal of an existing pinch-point for pedestrians.
- A variable message sign at the car park entrance will help manage parking.
- Planning permission for the development was granted in 2015.
“Fore led our dialogue with North Yorkshire County Council to resolve the complex highway issues and make sure that our development was able to deliver real benefits to pedestrians in Northallerton, as well as making it easier and safer to access the new store.”
Adam Hearld, Development Director at Jomast Developments Limited